Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Mass Storage Device will not recognize external storage devices

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 N3g4Y6CN

N3g4Y6CN

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

7 Month old HP Win7 6gb x64 machine. Keyboard and mouse drivers unaffected.
USB Mass storage device properties message
with driver check on:
"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device."
with driver check off:
Tells me drivers are corrupt or missing.
Search show diver where it should be: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\usbstor.sys (also usbfilter.sys).

Used the HP Recovery Manager to restore factory setting for USBStor.sys, it indicates it is successful but no change
on reboot, still cannot use flash drives, SD cards, external HDs. Units work find on my laptop.

Called HP 4 times, after extensive troubleshooting each time, following their instructions, go to hp.com/go/instant, get screen saying request has been received. Each time tech tells me he cannot find my request.
After a while, read 2 hours, told they need to talk to supervisor, will call me back, KISS OF DEATH, never hear from them.

So can I fix this or am I going to have to pay for repairing a seven month old HP?
Or am I going to have to buy yet another pc?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 N3g4Y6CN

N3g4Y6CN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

Nobody has a clue, huh?
I guess I am the only one ever to have this happen!
Ok, thanks, goodbye.

#3 sandokane

sandokane

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hi!

You can try in Device Manager(it is in control panel) and from there manually install drivers for USB Mass Storage Device with right click mouse and chose update driver or something like this than chose your correct version of chipset drivers from HP web page which you first download and prepare(if there will be only one file you should extract/unrar)............i think it should work

sorry for my ENG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users