Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CA Internet Suite - Norton question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 angerli

angerli

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hello, Friends! We have CA's Internet Security Suite on our desktop and laptop. We have had a nagging problem with our wireless printing. Simply put, my desktop works fine (WinXP Pro SP3) but my wife's laptop (Windows7) won't print wirelessly. We've determined that the CA suite is the culprit. And CA can't seem to get around it, they've tried. The CA Suite has been provided free thanks to our ISP, Time Warner Communications (RoadRunner). The CA suite sure does have a good antivirus and spamware capability, but it's a pain for Mom to have to hook up with a USB cable to print anything.

Our printer is a Kodak 9250 all-in-one. Before that, we had a Lexmark AIO and it behaved the same. I thought that perhaps the wireless protocol that Kodak used might be newer or more robust than the 3-year-old Lexmark. No dice.

So, we're going to bite the bullet and purchase a security suite that WILL work. I had Norton for years (before wireless printing) and wonder if anyone on the Forum has had any difficulty with wireless printing under Norton Internet Security?

Hope that someone might have good information for us. Thanks for your help!

Sandy Gerli
Durham NC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

Maybe you need to adjust your firewall security settings.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

I'm not an advocate of suites. All-in-one tools and suites generally use more system resources than separate programs that do the same task. They tend to have varying degrees of strengths and weaknesses for each feature. In contrast, separate tools are designed, built and maintained with a greater focus in a specific area so they are generally of better quality and more effective at what they are designed to do. This means the program's performance for that particular feature is usually superior than their all-in-one counterpart. Further, all-in-one tools generally do not allow the user as much flexibility in tailoring default settings and usage.

If you are adamant about using a suite, then I would recommend avast! Internet Security
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users