Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cornflake81

Cornflake81

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

I keep getting this reoccurring exe file found on the c drive as well as the start up menu on the c drive. The computer will only run if i quickly delete it before i get the blue screen. I have to use unlocker program to be able to delete it, and often it shows itself as a flash exe file (can't remember file name, but shows flash icon).
I have run malwarebytes and it shows a few files as viruses, and are successfully removed. However on reboot, they come back.

Here are my log file my my scans...hope you can help.
Cheers

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cornflake81

Cornflake81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

Alright, since I haven't heard from anyone, thought I should put in more info.
The exe I think that is giving me troubles, that keeps coming back is called pccipsbk.exe and it's found on the C drive...as well as in admin/startmenu/startup/pccipsbk.exe

I get a pop up that says there is an error in the signature
The files that they say are the errors, changes but are always found in the temp folder
Says the error is the winlogon.exe file
then mentions two files
C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1d25.dir00\Mini101511-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1d25.dir00\sysdata.xml

Sometimes it can be a little different, sometimes it's
WER91ba.dir00\winlogon.exe.mdmp
WER91ba.dir00\appcompat.txt

Then other times I get a popup when i start windows (which sometimes won't work and i have to reboot)
I'll get:
'Instruction at 0x76c6c616 reference memory at 0x00e673b8 memory could not be read

Hope this helps a bit and i get can get some idea of what on earth i'm dealing with.

#3 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,680 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

hi Cornflake81,

We will get a download to use. Its called combofix. There is a guide to read first. Read through the guide then apply the directions on your own machine. Post the combofix log. If for some reason you cant run combofix normally, you can boot into safe mode to run combofix. To reach safe mode you would tap the f8 key during a computer restart, Chose the first option from the list; safe mode. Log into to your usual account. Once at the safe mode desktop run combofix and post its log.

Guide to using Combofix

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#4 Cornflake81

Cornflake81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

Attached log file from scan.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   63.4KB   2 downloads

#5 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,680 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

hi,

Thanks for the info. We will delete a file in safe mode. To reach safe mode you would tap the f8 key during a computer restart, chose the first option from the list: safe mode. Log in to your usual account, once at the safe mode desktop: navigate using explorer to your root drive C: look for and delete: C:\pccipsbk.exe
Reboot normally then check Malwarebytes for updates and do a scan with it and see how it looks now.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users