Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32/Heur

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 curtbolin

curtbolin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

Supposedly, AVG 2012 got rid of it, however, I have heard that Win32/Heur can keep coming back. Is this true?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

NOTE: moved from Win7 to Am I Infected.

Hello,This is possibly a False positive.

When you suspect a file was falsely detected (a false positive) or appears suspicious, then you should submit a sample to the vendor so they can investigate and take corrective action if confirmed. Please refer to:If the file has been placed in the Virus Vault, then follow these directions:-- Even though the instructions say if you suspect the file is clean but you still have doubts, submit anyway using this method.

You should also contact and advise the vendor that their program is being detected as a threat. In many cases they will work with the anti-virus techs in an attempt to resolve the detection.

If it is a confirmed false detection, you can restore the file from quarantine or ignore the detection until the database is corrected and no longer will detect it.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users