Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Unable to remove.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 spacedemon

spacedemon

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

Ok, running WinXP home Edition 32 bit sp3.

Currently have this stubborn malware on my PC. I have done the remote access with Microsoft they couldn't remove the issue. The Mal-ware/spyware/virus is affecting all my anti-spy/virus/malware programs. In my task manager process list there is a item running that cannot be ended with task manager or Using spybot S&D, Process name is 806186773:3935367887.exe It doesn't show any CPU usage and stays at the memory usage of 484k.

When trying to run a security program the technically pain in the Rump (THe virus) ends it. When I try to reopen the any security program I get a error saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item." also the Pain in my rump affect my searches with redirects, the status bar that shows what the browser is trying to connect to shows the site www.strikingsearchsystem.com.

HELP! The process also runs in safemode.
I am at the point of backing up anything I can save and buying a new Hard Drive ( ug over 200 updates when using my OS disk with the XP SP1 from my old DELL from 2003) And a link to a decent ad-blocker program would be helpful too.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spacedemon

spacedemon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

In addition, The malware affects my google searches. I left Firefox open on accident when I left for work and I caught Random searches were done that I didnt do. If I don't get a reply here soon I am replacing my hard drive...

#3 spacedemon

spacedemon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

Well too late now. New hard drive in. Faster replies/more team members will help.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

Faster replies/more team members will help.

Easier said then done given that the team members are all unpaid volunteers.

As this issue appears to be resolved I am closing the topic. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users