Hello and welcome. Do these and let me know how it is after.
Are you on a router? Are other machines on it,if so are they redirecting?
Do you use Firefox?
Please download MiniToolBox
, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
- List Minidump Files
and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note:
When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool
) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v22.214.171.124) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 126.96.36.199 of the tool.
- Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
- To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
- Click the Start Scan button.
- Do not use the computer during the scan
- If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
- If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
- Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
- A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.188.8.131.52_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
- Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe
, select Rename
and give it a random name with the .com
file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these[/color] instructions
. In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it before downloading and saving to the computer.
Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:
Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, [color="#8B0000"]Post new scan log
into normal mode.
Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.