Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Runtime Error 2147023170 (800706be): Automation Error The Remote Procedure Call Failed

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LoggedIn

LoggedIn

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:44 AM

Hi Everyone
On my Windows XP SP2 and Windows 7 (so the latest version of Windows) computers, I am trying to run desktop software which freezes in the meantime of gathering datas from some server or some other online location. Since it freezes I have to close it inside the taskbar but after it is closed, I get the error which is mentoined in the Topic Title of this message. I already made sure about Firewall and its no problem in that because I don't even have it (just disabled windows one). I also made sure that I don't have a problem with memory (cpu / rams). While my research I saw that the problem might be in activex controls because i didn't know how to check if I have them. So I decided to just download activex and i downloaded it from:

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Mozilla-ActiveX-Control-Download-20072.html

I noticed (don't know if this is true or not) that many programs have their own activex controls. I coudln't find activex for the software which produces an error so I just downloaded some random activex controls: in this case the browser's one which im using - firefox but the software is NOT being runned through firefox.
Towards fixing the issue mentoined in the title, I think its the best to be focused on activex first because I have instinct activex is still the reason. I might not installed correct ones, they might not work or software requires other/additional ones. Is there any way to check this?
Perhaps any other way (instead of activex) of fixing the problem mentoined in the title?
Also I already checked:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/267844

but no success
Thanks.

Edited by LoggedIn, 13 October 2011 - 03:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LoggedIn

LoggedIn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

hello?

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281297
Worth a quick read -

Please note (Re Bump) that 12 hours is not always enough time for all problems to be "fixed" by mostly volunteer helpers -
We do this in our spare time and we do have a life away from here Posted Image -
Unless it is a common problem (yours includes Windows XP SP2 and Windows 7), we often Google for fixes and call on experience only.

Do you have SP1 for Win7 and SP3 for XP ? Also any other details with makes and models ? ?

Thank You -

#4 LoggedIn

LoggedIn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

Yes to win7 but on my primary pc (with xp) i have sp2 5.1.2600 (however this should not matter because i would like to implement the same solution for any windows based computer). You provided me the link. I have seen also this link before but retried it once again, both downloading links on the page which you provided gave 404 errors (page not found). PC is fujitsu siemens, model is scenic p300.

Edited by LoggedIn, 14 October 2011 - 03:38 AM.

#5 LoggedIn

LoggedIn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

really nobody knows? :-(

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,747 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

If you have one program...giving you problems in two different versions of Windows...it seems likely that the software is the problem, not Windows.

What is the software involved...and exactly at what point in each version of Windows...does the onscreen error message appear?

If Microsoft Office is involved...I would suggest uninstalling it and then reinstalling it, on the premise that it is damaged and needs to be reinstalled and updated.

Louis

#7 LoggedIn

LoggedIn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

The software is PR Ninja. I have already tried such a basic solutions as reinstalling, contacting support and so on. Error occurs after I am forced to manually shut down the software. The reason why am I forced to do this is because the software freezes when gathering current informations about URL's (web sites).

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,747 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

From what I see...it's likely to be crappy software developed by a 1-person "corporation" with no support page.

I'll stick with my original assertion.

Louis

#9 LoggedIn

LoggedIn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:50 AM

I think we haven't understood each other. I wasn't asking for the comment about the software and how would you rate it. The fact that the software is for your opinion, at least from my issue aspect, "crappy" won't help fixing the error. I was asking how to fix the particular error and not your rate for the software, or even suggestion about alternative and so on.. Neither of this won't help fixing the issue.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,747 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

To "fix" an error...you have to define the problem.

At least...that's the way that I think.

It's not uncommon for software to cause problems with Windows...the history of the various versions will attest to that.

Sorry that my choice of words doesn't meet your approval...but I was defining the problem...as I see it from here...using the data you have provided and Google.

I don't claim to have "the answer", just opinions about what I perceive as "the problem."

I've been wrong before.

Louis

#11 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

I think we haven't understood each other. I wasn't asking for the comment about the software and how would you rate it. The fact that the software is for your opinion, at least from my issue aspect, "crappy" won't help fixing the error. I was asking how to fix the particular error and not your rate for the software, or even suggestion about alternative and so on.. Neither of this won't help fixing the issue.

I think you need to contact PR Ninja's customer support...if they have one. I don't know why you would think anyone here would know how to fix it. And if it doesn't work properly, there are plenty of SEO programs around. Yeah, I know you paid for it. What good is it to you if it doesn't work and they don't have tech support?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users