Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would this be a fair trade?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Poll: Would this be a fair trade? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Would it be fair to trade a Dell Studio XPS 8100 for a Toshiba Satellite A665-3DV6?

1. Yes (1 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No (2 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Little Jo

Little Jo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

Hello, I am brand new here so please excuse any mistakes I may make while posting! I own a Dell Studio XPS 8100 desktop computer with Windows 7, 64-bit, 2.8ghz Intel Core i7 processor, 1TB HDD, and 8GB Memory. For the past couple of months I have really been wanting to just switch over to a Toshiba laptop. I have been scoping out computers left and right, trying to find the perfect one... I came across this one on Ebay, and was wondering if it would be a fair trade. It is a Toshiba Satellite A665-3DV6 with Windows 7, 64-bit, 2.5ghz Intel Core i5 processor, 640GB HDD, and 8GB Memory. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-Satellite-A665-3DV6-3D-Laptop-i5-2-53GHz-640GB-8GB-Blu-Ray-15-6-/120788616067?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item1c1f900383
I understand some of my specs are a bit better than the Toshiba, but I read up on it a bit and it seems like a really awesome computer! Also, I read that the processor can be bumped up to 2.8ghz with Turbo Boost, is this true? I have a pretty good grasp on specs and features, but I am not very knowledgeable on modifying or reconstructing computers (hopefully someday). Anyways, I paid a little over $1,000 for my Dell brand new. I read that the Toshiba laptop was $1,300. So which computer is better overall? Should I consider trading my Dell for the Toshiba? If trading isn't a good idea I am also considering just purchasing this laptop and working on selling my Dell elsewhere. Also, what is a fair price to put on my Dell? Is $700 a decent price? Advice/opinions? Thanks in advance! Jo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users