Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Creeping

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dawnblade

Dawnblade

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

(Moderators, feel free to rename or move this topic as I didn't know where to put it. I just felt that since I had Windows 7 x64 that it would be helpful to post here.)
Alright I have one for you guys to check out and try to help me with. I've had this Lachesis 5600dpi for 3 months without issue and have changed the pads, cleaned the lens, and restored the drivers to default twice to rule out the possibility of it being the mouse itself.

What is happening is that whenever I access MBAM, HijackThis, CCleaner, or SpybotS&D, my mouse will randomly dart away from the program. I know how to navigate with my keyboard, but this has grown rather tiring. I've scanned in and out of safe mode with MBAM and Microsoft Security Essentials to no avail, and even RKill didn't seem to fix it. It gets REALLY annoying whenever there's a system prompt that comes up, or an instance of Setup.exe that I actually need to install and customize the installation, with the mouse darting away.

On top of all of this, a random key is also registering as being held down constantly. It normally seems to rotate between W, S, and D, though.

The only thing I've noticed about this is that safemode deactivates this little annoyance, but it immediately causes my mouse to go to one of the corners upon normal start login at approximately the same time as wmplayer.exe starting in the task manager. I have been unable to either delete it to test since reinstalling it is easy, or keeping the process disabled.

I would appreciate any help with this matter.

Edited by Dawnblade, 12 October 2011 - 08:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread HERE and include a link to this thread.

Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users