Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

admin rights in normal account?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fozzies

Fozzies

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

hi
i have win 7 home premium 64bit
i try to use my pc in an account without admin rights wherever possible, but, having a complicated password for my admin account, i'm wondering how is it possible to automate the running of applications that require administrator rights?
pure laziness i guess, but in the near future it will allow my kids to run certain apps without needing an admin account
many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

There's no way to automate it that I'm aware of (which definitely does not mean there is no way), but are you able to launch the programs by right-clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator?"

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#3 Fozzies

Fozzies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:53 AM

Yep. the issue is that i then need to enter the admin password, which i was hoping to find some way of avoiding, without turni.g off uac

#4 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

There is no way to do what you are talking about. it defeats the purpose of UAC to automatically elevate and authenticate anything that needs administrative approval.
starting with windows vista Microsoft has disabled the bult-in administrator account so that nothing can get into your computer or move around with full administrative privileges.

#5 Fozzies

Fozzies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

Ok, shame, but makes sense. thanks for your replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users