Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Qoobox Virus?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DrifterMiles

DrifterMiles

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

So I got that Guard Online/Cloud Secure Virus and did all the recommended steps. Downloaded Tddskiller and ran Malware. I then noticed a a folder in my C drive called Qoobox. I had no idea what it was, so I googled it. Found out that's a product of Combofix and where it quarantines files. But when running Malwarebytes it detects it as a virus, says it's removed...yet it's still there. Is this a virus? A threat? Can I remove it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

Moved topic to Am I Infected...

Please download OTCleanIt and save it to desktop.
•Double-click OTCleanIt.exe.
•Click the CleanUp! button.
•Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
•If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
•The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.

Runing Combofix unsupervised..... is ill advised!!

:( This is a complex and powerful tool that should not be used except under the supervision and direction of a malware expert. It can and will render your computer unbootable permanently!! Also realize that in most circumstances a single run of Combofix is ineffective. Specialized scripts will be written specifically directing this program to clean-up based on your logs!! :(

Edited by boopme, 12 October 2011 - 01:53 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 DrifterMiles

DrifterMiles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

Thanks. Looks like it deleted all the files and combofix. The folder is still there though. Can I go ahead and just delete that as well? I wasn't aware that combofix was something I probably shouldn't have been using without supervision.

Also, thoughts on Vipre Anti-Virus software? IT guy at my work gave it to me. We use this at on our system and the thinks it's the tits.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

OK, delete it.

Vipre is an excelent company with excellent tools.

This is from CFix's creator
Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.

ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for general public or personal use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

Good luck and be careful out there.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users