Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Static Combofix download link

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mild0d

mild0d

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

I am not sure if i am posting this in the right place, but I am making a free program in vb.net called malware toolkit. It is just a collection of malware tools that you call access from one program. I want to include a link to download the latest version of combo fix but all the links i can find to download combofix expire after a little while. IS there a static link available that does not change were I can download the latest version?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

There is not, for a number of reasons. One of which is to prevent automated download.

ComboFix is not and was never designed to be included in a bundle of tools. It is not a tool which should be run without a specific reason to run it, and should only be run at the direction of one trained in the use of the tool. To offer a comparison, think of ComboFix as a surgeon's scalpel. Such a tool should only be used when required, and only in the hands of a surgeon who can guide and manipulate the blade without causing collateral damage.

I should also point out that while ComboFix is freeware, including it or any similar tool in your application without the author's consent is ethically questionable at best.

Hope that helps,

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

In addition to what Blade points out...I must caution that using older versions of ComboFix is not recommended. sUBs frequently updates ComboFix with new versions not only to keep it effective against malware but to minimize the possibility of risk or serious side effects which could result in system damage after running his tool. When that occurs, older versions may no longer work properly. This is a protective measure since most folks are unaware of version changes and we do not discuss what they are or what ComboFix does in public to protect the integrity of the tool from malware writers.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users