Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboards and CPU's

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Iceman2424

Iceman2424

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

Hey everyone! I'm looking to build a pc for a friend and need to get a motherboard and a cpu. The problem I am having is I do not know what all the technical jargon means when looking at different products. I have tried to find some recent articles and guides on looking at these and determining what one to purchase but cannot find anything written recently. Does anyone know a place where I can learn all about motherboards and cpu's that has been written in the last few months that is not outdated? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nicholas Basso

Nicholas Basso

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

A site I use often is Tom's Hardware:
http://www.tomshardware.com/

They have a variety of articles written regularly, and about a few months ago (at least, within the last year) they posted guides on the various tech about motherboards and CPUs.

The articles in question will not contain super-specific information as much as educate you on how to determine the features/functionality of CPU and Motherboards, and how to determine what you need.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

<<...can learn all about motherboards and cpu's...>>

Impossible aspiration, IMO. Everything changes so quickly and it's not really possible to understand what's current without some understanding of what has gpme befpre...hardware is always a work-in-progress venture in computing.

But...Google and Wikipedia would be good places to get a concise overview of what has been...and what's current, with Wiki providing historical background.

Otherwise...you are just likely to get lost in all the references which take place, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users