Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

Ok guys, I am upgrading a Dell Inspirion 1545 laptop, it was 32 bit os, duo core intel cpu, 2 gigs of ram. I reformatted the hdd and installed, Vista 64 bit Ultimate. Now I can't get an internet connection? The client said it saw wireless networks great before. Is this a 63 bit drivers issue? I need to get the Dell site to allow me to download drivers but I can't get a connection on the laptop. My desktop can but how do I put the downloads in a file for transfer? Or on a cd disk? Update: Network controller not configured properly {Code 1}. says no drivers?

Edited by audioAl, 12 October 2011 - 12:22 PM.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

Not sure I understand the issue here. Download the drivers on the desktop and transfer to the laptop via flash drive, cd, dvd, or whatever other means you have. None of the laptops network connections will work till the drivers are installed.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users