Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Garbled Screen, Most Likely Video Card Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jehuti_knshn

jehuti_knshn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:59 PM

Im running a XP Pro SP2 and am running a Geforce 7800GT Video Card and Im having problems with my computer screen. When I opened my computer the screen was all messed, I don't know how to describe it but its like a mix of the matrix screen(without the characters but with blocks) and graphics you get from really old consoles (family comp, nes, etc) I'm using it on safemode right now while the screen is like that because I can't start the computer in normal mode because after the bootscreen the monitor goes to sleep mode while the computer runs and then nothing happens. I just reboot the computer at this point. I have a big hunch it's a problem with the video card. Also whenever I move around a window the pixels get gathered together and after a couple seconds they disperse again. I've tried restoring my system to the most recent restore point, searched for viruses & spyware and other things. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how I should fix it?

Also, my Administrator Profile is asking for a password, how do you take that out? I don't remember putting a password on it in the first place.

(I'm using another computer)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:31 PM

Have you tried reinstalling your video drivers? Have you check to see if the fan on your video card to see if it is dirty and it may have over heated the GPU?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:33 AM

The password for all Administrator accounts is blank, unless, until you specify a password. What I mean is there is no password. Just hit enter (if using the 2000 style log in) and bam! there you are.

Edited by legoman786, 26 January 2006 - 08:34 AM.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:51 AM

This could also be a virus - what sort of anti-virus and anti-spyware tools are you running?

Try a free, online scan here to rule out the "baddies" (if you're able)(it requires Internet Explorer): http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 jehuti_knshn

jehuti_knshn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for the help but its ok now... I opened up my computer and just pushed in the video card a bit and it worked fine the next day... I really don't know what caused this but its fine now.

I really can't solve the problem with the admin password... I tried pressing enter like you said but it said incorrect password. I'm on an XP Pro SP2, is there a way to just take off the password like doing some changes in the reg or anywhere? I don't know any other way to fix this problem...

#6 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:55 PM

Create another admin account, goto control panel, goto "user accounts", click on the account in which you wish to remove the password from, and click remove password. If this option is unavailable then I dont think you can remove that particulare password.

--- edit

--- On some computers they ask for the password before you can remove it. In that case, i'm not sure what to tell you.

Edited by WlkingMan, 31 January 2006 - 04:56 PM.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users