Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virtual Router Error 1001

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ajax7 dragon

ajax7 dragon

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Hi, I cannot uninstall, repair, or install Virtual Router v0.9 Beta. Codeplex does not respond at all to the 1001 error, as I have seen from some posts over a year old. I would like to remove it, and I believe the error originated after a system restore.

During Uninstall attempt
Error 1001. Exception occurred while initializing the installation:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException:Could not load file or assembly 'file:///D:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualRouterService.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I hit ok, and then it says to close.

During Repair attempt
Error 1001. The specified service already exists >>>> I then hit okay and this pops up:
Error 1001. Could not find file 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Virtual Router\VirtualRouterClient.InstallState'. >>>I then hit close to exit.

I imagine the solution to be to install it on another computer and copy the files onto my current via a flash drive, however I do not have the resources necessary to do this. I would like some help or alternative options please. Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

Hi ajax - -
There seems to be a lot of people with Virtual Router problems -
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=11&ved=0CB0QFjAAOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvirtualrouter.codeplex.com%2Fdiscussions%3Fsize%3D2147483647&ei=H_OXTuW-KYmTiQei5M2rAg&usg=AFQjCNFUBgbjWuxuWmte6bP__4Oj7fL9qg
This link shows some solutions to try and many of the other problems people have. :mellow:
There may be one listed fix here that helps you -

Regards -

#3 ajax7 dragon

ajax7 dragon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

I appreciate your help with that link, but that was the first place I went looking for answers. The problem is that the question has been posted there since 2008, and no one from Codeplex has replied to anything even remotely connecting to the Error 1001 issue. Thanks, though.

#4 ajax7 dragon

ajax7 dragon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

Someone may now lock this thread. I found a solution by getting program files off another machine after installing it there, copying them to a flash drive and pasting them into the location where the missing file reference was. Simple fix if you have access to another computer with installation privileges. Any further questions please message me.

#5 darkmask_2000

darkmask_2000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:12 AM

Hello i found u a better solution all u have to do is go here http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/ and click on download make sure u download it where u first downloaded the old installation file... then click on the app .exe run it and chose repair! and then u can uninstall the program! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users