Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random System Freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lycosabrock

Lycosabrock

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

I'm starting this topic because, well, i could do with some help!

I'm having a problem on my main computer whereby it freezes at the strangest time.

This may sound strange and i am telling this truthful, im not a crazy person, but when it crashes it seems to be ONLY when im not in the room!

I'm literally having the EXACT problem!! Sometimes it does this, but only when I walk out! I could be playing a game, pause it, go to the bathroom, come back, it's frozen! I'll re-boot it, it'll stay on for like 3 hours! It's so confusing, i'm only 13, have no clue what to do.. I just built the rig and i'm afraid something is broken.

Edited by hamluis, 11 October 2011 - 04:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:01 PM

I find that random crashes and freezes are usually caused by system overheating issues. Have you attempted to overclock any of your system? If so set them back to the factory settings and try it that way. Check all of the fans to be sure that they are working and are blowing in the proper directions. Improper airflow can cause a lot of issues. Did you use thermal paste on the CPU and how much? It only takes a BB size drop spread evenly to create the proper connection between the CPU and the cooler. Keeping track of what is running when the freeze occurs can go a long way to figuring it out.

I had a similar issue after I replaced the factory cooler on my video card with an aftermarket cooler. In the end I figured out the aftermarket could not keep up with the heat load during newer games like Assasin's Creed so I had to back the video card down a little bit (underclocking) in order to stabilze my system.

These are some of the hardest things to troubleshoot so be patient.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users