Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UnquarantingFromSafeModeCmdPrompt

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JasonNail1

JasonNail1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

Hello. I was quarantining Windows processes (I thought) were internet and Toshiba update related with Security Task Manager last night on my Toshiba Laptop (win7 x64) and noticed my battery level meter missing in the taskbar. So, I unquarantined what I thought the process was (EcoPower or something) and rebooted per the instructions. Now, when I open windows normally it takes me right before the desktop screen, the screen is black, I have a mouse pointer that moves but doesn't respond to left or right mouse clicks. So, I rebooted in safe mode. The only safe mode working is the command prompt safe mode. I ran rstrui.exe to go back to a restore point. But, it only shows a few entries from this morning, and not last night when I initially installed Security Task Manager. So, I am currently using VipreRescue to try the qlist and restore features. It is still scanning as I post this message. In fact this post may be premature as I may already be on the way to full recovery.

Is there a way to unquarantine processes from a safe mode command prompt?

Thank you very much! Jason

Edited by JasonNail1, 11 October 2011 - 03:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JasonNail1

JasonNail1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

Turns out the Vipre's qlist is only consisting of the virus's it found. LOL I don't know why I thought it would have the capacity to unquarantine processes from Security Task Manager. But, it did find a virus. Then I accedentally unquarantined the virus. So, its back to the scanning procedure again. I'll post what file it thinks it's associated with. I just ran SuperAntiSpyware the other day and it didn't show this file as corrupt. The only thing I've installed since was Security Task Manager. k. Thank you very much!

#3 JasonNail1

JasonNail1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

I ran the ntbt log and discovered the drivers not loading. How can I reload them? Thank you very much! Jason

#4 JasonNail1

JasonNail1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:45 AM

I did the sfc /scannow from a command prompt in safe mode and have my fuzer back! Thank you very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users