Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Installing Sccbase.dll

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zen00

Zen00

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:55 PM

Hi,

I've been currently having a problem with this .dll, I think that in a search for spyware one night, I accidently deleted it. Now I don't know how to reinstall it! I've tried re-regestering it, but I just get error 0x80070005 when I try the second step. Anyone know how I can reinstall this? I need to do so, so I can use my computers scanner, as the software won't install without it.

Some specs might be useful :thumbsup:

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2

Edited by Zen00, 25 January 2006 - 08:56 PM.

This space will eventually have something very cool to fill it up, but not right now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

Here is the MicroSoft link to help... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

Edited by acklan, 25 January 2006 - 10:44 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 phantazy

phantazy

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:48 PM

There's a way to recover this file if it's on the Windows Installlation disc, by using the Recovery Console. You have to use the'attrib' and 'expand', 'copy' commmands. If in doubt ,google 'Recovery Console', or search MS Knowledge Base.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users