Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 center10987

center10987

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

hey all,
i have a l505-13W laptop and everytime i try to start it up,just after the logo comes,a sudden blue screen appears and then it reboots to the same page where it gives you the following options to launch windows startup repair or start windows normally.I ran the startup repair but it didn't work,
it will not start up in any of the safe mods either.I get the following error message:-
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screeen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed
hard drives or hard drive controlers. Check your hard drive
to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then
restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC000000D, 0x00000000, 0x000000000)

i would be really grateful if the solution to this problem didn't require taking apart the computer.
Also i would also like to mention that before this norton was informing me of a virus known as trisdev backdoor activity and it recommended using TDSS Killer for manual removal as norton could not remove it.After using it all this happend.So i thought id mention this if it helps solve the problem

Edited by hamluis, 11 October 2011 - 04:26 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#3 center10987

center10987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:20 PM

nah nothing new or different,just that at the the 20th of september,i got the virus alert but when i ran the fix TDSS at that time it didnt detect anything so i thought it must just be a false message from norton,and no there was no new hw or sw added after the 19th of september(the time till which it ran properly).so thats pretty much it.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

nothing new except for a virus alert. Right. I suggest you post in the Am I Infected forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users