Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pop ups and search bar redirects

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mq1zhooter

mq1zhooter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

When we turn on the computer it shows a blue screen for a split second then black screen and repeats this a few times then the safe mode screen comes up asking if we want to start in safe mode or normal mode. Once we get the desktop to load in normal mode, which takes a few mins for the icons to show, we click firefox and it will load our homepage slowly then sometimes we get a second tab with an advertisement. When we try to search using any search engine (google, bing etc..) it takes about a minute then we get a box pop up saying "server can not be found". Sometimes when we search, it will not throw that box but will end up directing us to something totally different than we searched..We have ran AVG and it doesnt pick up anything. All the scans result in 0 infections found. If we type an address in the address bar to go directly to a site this does not happen but we still get advertisements pop up in a new tab. Sometimes when we try to close the tab with the advertisement but it will not let us close it and creates a new one. Pop up blocker is on. This started happening a few days ago so I looked this morning to see if I could do a system restore back 4 days but the only date it gives me to use is today. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edited by hamluis, 11 October 2011 - 10:19 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users