Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scaling down logo for website

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:01 AM

Hello All....

Okay well I am working on a website and I am trying to acomplish the following:

Make the logo Text look more in proportion to the rest of the images. If you look at my logo I created using gimp.
Every time I scale it down to the size of the image that goes on website the main letters just look to small....

I need help or tips on how to prevent & fix this... I am all ears :lol:

Here is a link to the website in progress:
http://www.techrepairs101.com/bluemasters3241/

It is the logo in the index.html that is the issue.
Thank-you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

This is what I get when I follow your link... :huh:

Not Found

The requested URL /bluemasters3241/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.techrepairs101.com Port 80

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

I am so sorry for that:

What happened is I temporally :P change the name of the folder so the people can't see when I am doing the updates only when they are complete.

However I went and finished the logo and scaled it down and they like it!

I think however the logo does not look balanced but here is the link I promise this one is the correct one: :inlove:

http://www.techrepairs101.com/bluemasters/index.html

Thank-you :woot:

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

A couple of suggestions?

1. Scale the globe down until there is 1 letters worth of separation, on both ends, between TORRES DEVELOPMENT and PCBs GLOBAL DIVISION.

2. Tighten up the text.
The distance between the beginning, and ending of the text in TORRES DEVELOPMENT, is farther away from the globe, than the center part of the text.
It looks odd, to me, and draws my attention to it.

3. All text should be the same distance from the globe as the center part of the text in TORRES DEVELOPMENT, including PCBs GLOBAL DIVISION.

Just my 2 worth. :)
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

Thank-you for your input..

I will see to it that I make it better..
:thumbup2:

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

You're welcome, JUICYboy.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users