Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:18 PM
I remember the glory days, when Youtube videos could be watched at 1080p without the buffering, when Firefox would run as smooth as a seal's belly all day long, when I could play games online without the slightest worry of crashing. Ah yes, the glory days.
Here's my problem in a less romantic manner:
5 days ago:
- Everything runs great, streaming HD-quality movies in a second, youtube videos in half that time, running LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) with no lag, playing Alliance of Valiant Arms with miniscule ping, firefox doesn't randomly slip into a "connecting" phase for all eternity.
- HD-Quality movies take 3 years to load
- Youtube videos refuse to load at anything above 480
- LOTRO doesn't even connect
- Alliance of Valiant Arms connects only very briefly before disconnecting
- Here's the weird part: often Firefox will "lose" connection, the opening of a new tab/window, next page, applet, flash, all gets stuck in an infinite "connecting" loop. But once I exit out of Firefox (it exits smoothly usually so it's not crashing) and immediately run it again, everything is fine for anywhere from 5-40 minutes before it repeats the cycle.
I've already run AVG and it comes up with nothing, my internet shows up at 7-8k kbps, but I DO have suddenlink which is notoriously bad (it's better than the only other option out here which is AT&T) I doubt it has anything to do with hardware, but if you'd like a DXDIAG report I can post one.
So what could it be? I have yet to try disconnecting the modem, but only because the internet is never really completely absent.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.