Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow to No Internet Abilities

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CakeDelicious

CakeDelicious

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

BleepingComputer Community,

I remember the glory days, when Youtube videos could be watched at 1080p without the buffering, when Firefox would run as smooth as a seal's belly all day long, when I could play games online without the slightest worry of crashing. Ah yes, the glory days.

Here's my problem in a less romantic manner:

5 days ago:
- Everything runs great, streaming HD-quality movies in a second, youtube videos in half that time, running LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) with no lag, playing Alliance of Valiant Arms with miniscule ping, firefox doesn't randomly slip into a "connecting" phase for all eternity.

Presently:

- HD-Quality movies take 3 years to load
- Youtube videos refuse to load at anything above 480
- LOTRO doesn't even connect
- Alliance of Valiant Arms connects only very briefly before disconnecting

The "Crashes":

- Here's the weird part: often Firefox will "lose" connection, the opening of a new tab/window, next page, applet, flash, all gets stuck in an infinite "connecting" loop. But once I exit out of Firefox (it exits smoothly usually so it's not crashing) and immediately run it again, everything is fine for anywhere from 5-40 minutes before it repeats the cycle.

I've already run AVG and it comes up with nothing, my internet shows up at 7-8k kbps, but I DO have suddenlink which is notoriously bad (it's better than the only other option out here which is AT&T) I doubt it has anything to do with hardware, but if you'd like a DXDIAG report I can post one.

So what could it be? I have yet to try disconnecting the modem, but only because the internet is never really completely absent.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Suddenlink Ashley

Suddenlink Ashley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hi CakeDelicious -- my name is Ashley, and I'm with Suddenlink. I'm sorry to hear that you have recently been experiencing some issues with your internet service. I'd be happy to work with management in your area to resolve. Please feel free to contact me directly: ashley-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users