Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittant WL LAN failure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wee Willy

Wee Willy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hi -

We are running an older Inspiron 1520(XP) and an Inspiron N7010 (Win7) on our wireless LAN (Netgear router). A couple of months ago, we changed the speed of our cable internet access by getting a cheaper plan. Since then, we've noticed that almost everyday and often several times a day, both before attempting access and during access, the internet access goes away. At first, we tried re-booting, but that didn't always work. Then we tried power-cycling the router. That seemed to work most consistantly, but not constantly. Then we began power-cycling the cable modem in addition to the router. That work the most consistantly, but being the Lazies that we are, we began only power-cycling the cable modem with no apparent difference.

We've been putting up with this for a few months, now, but it's gotten too old. Any ideas as to what's up?

A frustrated Wee Willy & wife

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wee Willy

Wee Willy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

Replying to my own post....

I originally posted this on the 10th. Had a bunch of external things to which I had to attend, so I couldn't get back till now. No replies. It's 4 days later and not even a "Hey you're in the wrong forum".

What's up? Did I do something wrong?

I did a search on myself and found 3 other posts, 1 of which was a welcome. The other two are old issues and should be 'closed', so they can be ignored if their existance is somehow affecting the reply to this posting.

I realize that this is a busy website, so if I need to 'sit on it', please let me know :-)

Wee Willy

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

Post your subscribed connection bandwith and run speedtest to compare. Check the difference by running computer on wired connection. The comparison from your previous plan and downgrading will affect network stability sharing the bandwith. You may resolve this by contacting also your provider to do a line test.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users