Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

I Need Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MarinaIrene

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:54 PM

Ok, here's the deal. I'm trying to configure my settings so that I can use earphones to listen to music instead of computer speakers. I am administrator of my computer (but running on a network) and when I go into the Control Panel under "Sounds and Audio devices" I have clicked "Advanced" and found that the "Speaker Setup" list box is grayed over. This doesn't make sense to me as an administrator I should have the option to change this setting from "Desktop stereo speakers" to "Stereo headphones". I have even googled this to see why this is happening but can't seem to find the answer. It's probably an easy question for you guru's out there but I was hoping someone could help me.

Thanks so much-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:38 PM

Does the audio card appear in the Device Manager? In the Sound and Audio Device in the Control Panel, does it list your audio card? Is this a new evernt, inother word did it work till recently then stop?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:13 PM

You mentioned google searching, MarinaIrene, and that represents the number one technique
most of use to track down answers to pass along.

These may not immediately solve the problem,
but might be food for thought and help to a degree. :thumbsup:

I haven't got "the answer" myself. :flowers:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:19 PM

Are u sure you pluck into the right port on your audio card?

Does your headphones has stereo function or ts just normal headphones? :thumbsup:
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

#5 MarinaIrene

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:58 PM

Hey guys - Thanks for the responses. I'll look into it this weekend and get back to you all (unfortunately I'm not near that computer!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users