Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Removing Trogan Infection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 damony05

damony05

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

hello,

when running ESET, i got the following message: "Operating memory - Win32/Olmarik.TDL4 trojan - unable to clean"

can someone help me remove this infection?

I'm not too computer literate, so i may not understand all acronyms.

thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Budapest, 10 October 2011 - 01:28 AM.
Moved from Win7 ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Handyman1

Handyman1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

Hi
this is a bit nasty trojan there are some tools to delete which would do the job such as microsoft stand alone system sweeper it's in beta but works well. And it is free
Here is the link My link this will get the job done.

Dale :thumbsup:

Edited by Handyman1, 11 October 2011 - 01:33 PM.

#3 damony05

damony05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

Thanks for your help. I utilized the tool. it scanned and seemed to work. it removed several threats. however, when i tried to restart my computer, it went through most of the boot sequence but after displaying the "Windows" logo, it gave me a blue screen for a split second then shut off. It now remains in this loop. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the instructions to re-order the device boot priority in the setup menu to place USB as number 1 to run system sweeper? i moved it back to it's original place but I'm still getting the same results. any thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users