Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router Usernames & Passwords

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AdobeJesus

AdobeJesus

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

Even though I am new here, I have noticed in my experience that a common problem that arises when on the subject of networking and routers is the typical question of "I can't gain access to my router's configuration. I don't know the username/password". Now if you have set a custom username/password you will have to do a hard reset of the router, then use the default UN/PW to gain access to the web config page, most people I run across do not know the default UN/PW for their router.

So, awhile back I created a PDF file for my own documentation containing the default usernames and passwords for most of the common brands of routers I have run across. I obtained all the information mostly from one website then comprised it into a PDF file.

If anyone needs to find out the default usernames or passwords for a router not listed or a modem, Router Passwords is a great website.

Router Passwords

My PDF File has a chart layout, however since you cannot post charts here, I will list them first my make, then by username/password. There are multiple combinations for some makes, so they will all be listed.
Example: admin cisco
means the username is admin, password is cisco

ROUTER MAKE

2WIRE
2Wire (none)
(none) Wireless

ASUS
admin admin

BELKIN
(none) MiniAP
(none) admin

CABLE & WIRELESS (MODEM/ROUTER)
admin 1234

CISCO
Cisco Cisco
cisco cisco
admin admin
Administrator admin
Guest (none)
Admin cisco
(none) cisco
Admin system

CONEXANT
(none) epicrouter
(none) admin

D-LINK
admin admin
(none) admin
admin (none)
user (none)
admin password
user user

LINKSYS

admin admin
Administrator admin
comcast 1234

MOTOROLA

cablecom router
admin motorola
router router
(none) (none)

NETGEAR

admin Password
comcast 1234
admin admin
(none) (none)

TRENDNET
admin admin

UNIDEN

admin admin

V-TECH
VTech VTech

I made this list about a year ago so I apologize if some popular makes are not on the list, however you can find them at www.routerpasswords.com
AdobeJesus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users