Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows - Delayed Write Failed Virus?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 ECG

ECG

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:03 PM

Hi all,

I was using my PC and everything froze, then all of the icons on my desktop disappeared (became hidden) and all that was on the screen was my wallpaper. Suddenly I received like 15 pop-ups stating that "Windows -Delayed Write Failed" and that my PC's RAM was low and the system was not able to save any data. It also ran some scan detector showing all the problems with my PC. There was also something about HDD error that the scan detector mentioned.

I had no choice but to restart my PC. Once I restartred my PC my wallpaper disappeared (now I have a black screen) and all of my files were no where to be found since the virus hide all of them.

I tried to reboot my PC again and start it in Safe Mode, but all I keep getting is the Blue Screen of Death... (0x0000007B). I didnt install any hardware or software on my PC so I do not know why I received this BSOD code.

I do not want to reformat my PC as I have files that I hope to keep if I can some how find a way remove this virus.

What do I do? I need some advice...please...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

Sounds like your hard drive is failing.

Why don't you have a backup regime if you have important files on your PC?

#3 ECG

ECG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

Is there anyway to recover the files that are hidden on my C drive?

I don't see how my harddrive can fail...I bought a new one 3 months ago... :( *frustrated*

#4 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

Go into folder options and select Show hidden files and folders. Also, show protected operating system files if needed.

I think you better wait for a malware expert. There's this thing called unhide (I think it's on this site somewhere) that I have heard about.

I'm sorry to say but that stop code and delayed write failed point to a hardware problem with your hard drive. I doubt a virus is causing those but like I said, you better wait for a malware expert.

EDIT: I have reported this thread so it should be moved soon to the correct forum.

Edited by .X., 09 October 2011 - 08:53 PM.

#5 ECG

ECG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

thanks for your help...it means a lot.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

Hello,

You say that when you try to boot into Safe Mode, you get a blue screen. At what point do you get the blue screen?

What happens when you try to boot into Normal Mode?

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Moderator note to other readers.

Please do not post your computer problem in this topic. Instead, create your own topic to keep things from getting confused.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 09 October 2011 - 10:29 PM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:24 AM

Hello,

I see that you have since posted a topic in the log forum here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic422738.html so my primary concern - whether you could boot at all - has been addressed simply because you were able to create and post those logs. Now for the hard and frustrating part: waiting.

Now that you have posted a log, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users