Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant run gmer.exe or superantispyware.exe or malwarebytes.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bamanishus

bamanishus

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

My desktop computer is HP DC5700M, running Microsoft XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 3. About a month ago, the usage jumped up to 100% and everything ran extremely slow. I could not determine the cause, so I took the computer to Computer One for repair. The first thing they told me was I had a trojan and they supposedly repaired it. Within 24 hours of picking it up, it was doing the same thing again. I took it back and this time they said they found and killed a rootkit virus. I brought it home again, and have been having pretty much the same trouble ever since. I use AVG for anti-virus protection, but the anti-virus program is "not active" and it won't repair and therefore won't run. I've tried to download and install MalwareBytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, and GMER. All will download, but none will execute. GMER.exe was even downloaded with a different name, but when I launch it, my computer says that it is not a valid Windows32 application. SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes won't even respond at all. I'm not keen on taking the computer back to Computer One, as you might imagine, so I would like to try and resolve this myself with YOUR help!

So, with that said, where would the experts suggest I start? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,793 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread HERE and include a link to this thread.

Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users