Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows-Delayed Write Failed(Failed to save all the components for the file \System32\0000390c. The file is corrupted or unreadable.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brent01

brent01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

*******NO COMBO FIX LOG IS ATTACHED***********

First, thank you for what you people do here.

I suddenly began receiving the error "Windows - Delayed Write Failed. (Failed to save all the components for the file \System32\0000390c. The file is corrupted or unreadable. This error may be caused by a PC hardware problem)

In addition, my desktop went black and lost my desktop icons. A box popped up saying I needed to purchase some time of computer fix.

Researching the problem, I came across a forum that suggested running ComboFix from your site, which I did. After running it, I found the warning not to run it unless specifically instructed to. In any event, I did run it and currently my desktop icons are back, however my desktop background is still black and I have a new icon on my desktop that is a red circle with a white X on it.

Please let me know what else I should do, if anything. I have not deleted ComboFix.exe from my computer or performed any other tasks.

And again, thank you for what you do.

Warmest regards

Edited by brent01, 09 October 2011 - 05:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users