Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spilled wine on laptop, turns on but makes beeping noise

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shyntwyss

Shyntwyss

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:47 AM

Last night when i was chatting to my bf he said some terrible things which resulted in me knocking over my winE glass. It was quite small but i immediately turned off my laptop, unPlugged it and took out the battery. I left it overnight to dry but when i tried to turn it on today, it seemed like it was working but started making this beeping noise as i pressed the button so i nearly crapped my pants and turned it back off. Its a hp pavillion dv7, im stuck on what to do about it now. It didnt seem completely broken but not quite right, could anyone please advise me on what to do? Ill be very grateful. Sorry about the bad typing as well but this is from my ipod.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shyntwyss

Shyntwyss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:04 AM

Dv7-4020sa to be more specific

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

seemed like it was working but started making this beeping noise as i pressed the button

Could you please elaborate on this?

By working, were you actually able to get to your Windows desktop?

Also, when do you exactly hear these beeps?

If another 24 hours of drying doesn't bring it back to normal, I'm afraid you'll have to get it serviced.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users