Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant get n2 admin files on slave drv

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 anjulZ

anjulZ

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

My motherboard craped out on my dell 2400. It has a seagate HD that has an admin pw. I put it n2 my dell 3000, but had to put it as a slave becuase I guess the mb wont read it as a primary, idk y...Now I can see the drive, access it, but it wont let me access any of my admin files. How can I release the password, or is that the problem at all?

Edited by anjulZ, 08 October 2011 - 10:18 PM.

"Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of Bethlehem a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord."
Let us all remember the reason for this season!
May God bless You at least half as much as He has me!
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

How to take ownership of a file or a folder in Windows XP

#3 anjulZ

anjulZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

The 3000 doesn't have an admin's pass.... same thing?
trying...brb
"Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of Bethlehem a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord."
Posted Image

#4 anjulZ

anjulZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

can not enable sharing either
Posted Image

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

Sharing is not necessary to access files on a secondary drive...sharing is only involved on a network.

In any case, How to configure file sharing in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304040 .

Louis

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:10 AM

Admin note, per forum rules:

"When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked."

Louis

#7 anjulZ

anjulZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

ok tried the first suggestion with no luck, still no access. I created another user account with admin priveleges with the same name & password but that didn't work either....
Sorry about the texting stuff. I was in a hurry last night & didn't read through your rules, my sincerest apologies.
Thank you for your help...in advance...can we do this?
o I enabled sharing no problem (edit)

Edited by anjulZ, 09 October 2011 - 07:05 PM.

Posted Image

#8 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

If followed correctly, the link I gave you should resolve your problem.

Take a screenshot of the security tab, highlighting admin and attach it to your next reply.

#9 anjulZ

anjulZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

Ihad a friend put both drives into his Linix machine & he was able to see everything. He copied & moved things around so I have access now.
I clicked the security tab>>advanced>>owner...hmm...lol I can't remember, but know I added me, the admin. but it wouldn't let me access it. No idea why. I used to be pretty paranoid...lol did alot of tweaking in my security policy. Maybe I did something I have no idea. He did a bit more than I actually wanted....but hey...I can see things now. Don'ty like others in my machine lol...o well...
Thank you for all your help.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users