Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuttering Problem in All Games & Online Videos

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FU_SU_LU

FU_SU_LU

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

Need Help
My old laptop has been having a stuttering problem with games for a couple of years now. Itíll stutter for around five seconds, run smooth for around ten seconds, stutter again for five, run smooth for ten. Itíll keep doing that until I stop playing and close the game. It doesnít start doing the stutter the second I start the game, itíll start maybe around five minutes into the game and not quit its pattern. It doesnít matter what game, how old it is, it does this to all.

It also does this while watching online videos. I canít watch anything on, for example, Hulu, or Gametrailers, without it doing the same stutter pattern.

I didnít always have this annoyance. It started little over a year after I bought my laptop. During all this time, while putting up with the problem, Iíve done several clean installs. Iíve tried to solve this myself, but never could find anyone with the same exact problem.

Iíve uploaded several videos that show the stutter problem:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTatakichi#grid/user/35DF2C4C6F2B3217

Also, here's my hardware & processes:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3872/laptopspecsprocesses.jpg

Any help will definitely be appreciated, thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

Your video card is overheating, try dusting out your fans. I had the same issue for almost a year until I checked the temperature while running fallout 3 and it was about 140C.

Edited by sausage, 13 October 2011 - 10:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users