Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low FPS Spikes During Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mightyzman1

Mightyzman1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:02 AM

You'll have to forgive me if I am a bit vague so if you need more details please let me know.

As a PC Gamer I'm always trying new games to play and I just bought The Witcher 2 and hitting a brick wall realizing my computer could not handle the game even at its lowest settings, (despite it passing minimum required settings, but no follows those i guess). I also started to notice that some games have these FPS drops to around 4 FPS, like my computer is struggling to process everything. My computer is old I'll admit, but I never had a problem with Crysis on decent settings before or TF2 for example. Now from time to time while playing TF2, Portal 2 (on High Settings), SC2 (on high settings and only on the main menu), Dues Ex: HR (Fixed by lowering resolution), I get these FPS drops. They last for a few minutes at worst then everything was back to normal.

What confuses me is that I never really had this kind of problem before and I'm sure most the of the games i mentioned, (besides Witcher 2), are not too demanding of games.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what this might be and if I am able to fix it or not please let me know. If anyone needs more information let me know as well.

And thank you in advance for any help. :)

Processor:
AMD Phenom™ 9550 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory:
5120MB RAM
Hard Drive:
737 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mightyzman1

Mightyzman1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:31 AM

I also found out that my power supply is only 350W where as the 9800GT need around 400W to be used properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users