Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Uninstall BearShare

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dakar

dakar

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

Hi
I downloaded BearShare so I could download sheet music as recommended on the Yamaha site.but then decided it was not what I needed,so uninstalled BearShare in add and remove programs and uninstalled MediaBar aswell,but I still have BearShare on my tool bar,I have run Spybot and MBAM in safe mode and normal windows but cannot shift It,and it has taken over my home page.I am running windows XP sp3.
Hope someone can offer some thoughts as to what I can try.
Thanks for any help and advice
Kind regards
Dakar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:02 PM

See if Revo Uninstaller does a complete job for you: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

#3 dakar

dakar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

Hi Alan
Tried that
Regards
Dakar

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

So the only problem is Bearshare on your "toolbar"? What toolbar are we talking about?

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

Hi -

A quick look in Accessories > Windows Explorer > Program Files should see if it is still listed -

Next Start > Search > Click on Search Companion (little dog) > Type Bear Share into All files and folders > Right click Delete any item that comes up.

Regards -
EDIT - Sorry Allan, I over wrote your answer -
Please also answer ; From Allan - What toolbar are we talking about?

Edited by noknojon, 07 October 2011 - 05:53 PM.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

No problem. If you have the solution that's fine.

#7 dakar

dakar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:17 AM

Hi Allan and noknojon
The tool bar in Google chrome at the top of page where you have the "Bookmark this page" star and the spanner "Customise and control google chrome"in that box by default every time I log on I get "Search.bearshare.com" and where I should have GOOGLE search box middle of page I have a search box and below it says "Web Search" and "Bearshare search" I hope this makes sense.
noknojon I did what you suggested and deleted two entries which appeared to be searches I have done and bearshare is still alive and kicking,
Do you guys think I should reinstall bearshare and start again trying to uninstall it,would that be any different.
Thanks so much for your help
Kind regards
Dakar

#8 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:33 AM

Click the wrench icon then Tools, Extensions and uninstall the toolbar.

Click the wrench icon then Options. You will be in Basic. Go to search and select Google as the search engine. Click on Manage search engines... and X out the BearShare one.

Edited by .X., 08 October 2011 - 09:46 PM.

#9 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

The tool bar in Google chrome

Okay, see ... you need to explain these things. We have no way in the world we could have guessed you were talking about a toolbar in Chrome. The above post should solve your problem. Let us know if it doesn't.

#10 dakar

dakar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

Hi Allan
sorry for not explaining fully point taken,I have carried out the instructions by .X.and deleted BearShare I have also uninstalled Google Chrome rightly or wrongly,but now when I try to reinstall Google Chrome from Internet explorer I can get to the point of accepting terms and conditions and when I click on accept I get a message box saying Internet explorer has encountered a problem and must close,and a message box says this tab has been recovered pointing to the tab above the text box.hope it makes sense,
Regards
Dakar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users