Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PSU keeps frying

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johndoe11111

johndoe11111

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

Hi all. I have a GTX 465 that I'm just dying to use but can't figure out whats wrong here. I had a generic HEC 585W psu and after plugging in my 465 it died a couple of days later. Well not wanting to skimp anymore than my broke self has to I purchased an Antec 550W. The only thing is is it's a modular psu and I have no experience with those. I got it hooked up and a day later it went kapoot as well. Now I have a new 550W modular and am using an old GT240 which isn't quite as good (it has 55mhz slower clock speed and uses ddr3 instead of GDDR5 and has a locked clock but half the wattage). My question is that the psu has four black female plugs and one red(dvi-e) plug. My gtx465 needs two plugs of course and there is only one (red) on the psu. Do I find an attachment (2 into 1) or do I use one of the black ones and a red. I thought I knew plenty and then this happened and I haven't even started my new build yet (financial troubles).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

Can you post a link to the specific Antec 550W model you have? Modular PSU's make cable management very easy, you only plug, into the PSU, which cables you need. In terms of power, looking at a generic GTX 465, it takes two six-pin power connectors from the PSU. The PSU should have come with the appropriate cables.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users