Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Update KB2555917

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ThomasDG

ThomasDG

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

I have attempted many times to install this update, each time after I reboot, the computer will not boot up. I am forced to get out the windows disk and do a repair in order for my computer to reboot. I have attempted to download it directly from Microsoft and install the update, but have the same result.

Attempting to boot form last known good configuration and booting up in safe mode also fail after attempting to install this update.

I have already run a check disk on the drive, and it did not find any problems. Does anyone have any suggestions that may help to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

Hi -
You seem to have a not uncommon problem with this KB article. Also 64bit systems have been worse than 32bit.
The best solutions that I can find are to run sfc /scannow and to use the update tool supplied by M/soft first (see link below)

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [August 2011]
This tool is being offered because an inconsistency was found in the Windows servicing store which may prevent the successful installation of future updates, service packs, and software.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3132

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users