Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

deleted ipsec.sys...Now I have no internet connections

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SomeoneHelp

SomeoneHelp

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

I recently purchased the pro version of hitman 3.5,because I heard good things.In just a short time,it really helped me get rid of some bad viruses.After scanning,it will list what it finds as either a trojan,rootkit etc.or just as suspicious.While the suspicious findings are not always bad, the items labeled virus has always been bad.

Yesterday after scanning,it said that ipsec.sys was a trojan, so without thinking,I deleted it.Now,I have no internet connection.I am not sure what to do from here.

After I deleted ipsec.sys, I scanned my computer using superantispyware pro version, and all it found was tracking cookies.

I have found where another person on beepingcomputer.com had this problem,however the thread
just dies out.

I also tried searching the forums, but whenever I put ipsec.sys into the search bar, it takes out the dot and puts ipsecsys, and finds nothing.

The problem is on my home computer,however I also have a laptop,so it allows me internet access. Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SomeoneHelp

SomeoneHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:26 PM

I also want to say that I picked up the opencloud virus,which I beleive hitman pro found, though I am not 100% sure now.I have also picked up a virus that was redirecting me on google, so I relied on hitman pro to try to get rid of it.I actually scanned once which found a few items, and then about an hour later I scanned,and it only found the ipsec.sys "trojan".

Thanks.

Edited by SomeoneHelp, 06 October 2011 - 11:27 PM.

#3 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:14 AM

Stick your Windows CD in and then open a command prompt and type expand CD-ROM drive:\i386\ipsec.sy_ %windir%\system32\drivers (change CD-ROM drive to the actual letter of your CD-ROM)

You should post in the am i infected forum and have a a malware expert make sure your computer is clean.

BTW, how do you manage to get so many viruses?

#4 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

BTW, how do you manage to get so many viruses?

I am wondering the same. Might be worth running a virtual machine(s) if there is constant risky activity. If an infection occurs, one could chuck the machine and "build" another without affecting the host operating system.

#5 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

I use SandBoxie when running questionable stuff. I even play around with malware on it to see how it acts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users