Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant install software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 simply_ted

simply_ted

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

I had just formatted My hard drive and started to install windows xp pro when There was a power failure.
When power was restored I again turned on computer with install disk and It simply wont load. It just keeps telling me to install start up disk. I tried a new hard drive same results Any suggestions.

I can get to set up panel but nothing I have done to restore original settings has had any effect.

Edited by simply_ted, 06 October 2011 - 09:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

Can you try the CD-ROM in another computer, and see if it boots?

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

Backup and regroup on this.
Boot from the XP cd. Then delete & recreate the partition & format the drive.
It should install fine then.

Since you had a power failure during the install I am thinking that it is corrupted and a clean start should take care of it.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 simply_ted

simply_ted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

1. The cd drive is good I took it out of a working unit the same time I was doing new install of xp pro expect problem is software but not from cd

2, To Eye see, cant boot and re load as suggested. If I could do this I would have no problem Thanks for reply.

ok people all the computer will do is start give me some start up screens. Key board and Mouse work. I can access set up and set default and optimum functions in set up. but I cant get it to read the cd. I have also tried using xp home and vista restore disks same result. Tried to get at it using flash drive but no success.
Also attempted cd drive using usb port no luck

] case closed problem resolved bad chip on mother board. Thanks to all for your suggestions

Edited by simply_ted, 08 October 2011 - 04:23 PM.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

] case closed problem resolved bad chip on mother board. Thanks to all for your suggestions

Thank you for the reply :) . It is always good to get the feedback when you find a solution to the problem.

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users