Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse won't move with a key held down

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Winter Zecharai

Winter Zecharai

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

So, I just recently got my new laptop(a Lenovo Ideapad Y570 with Windows 7), and I'm intending to use it for gaming purposes. But unfortunately, the touchpad will not move the cursor if I'm holding down a key on the keyboard(it actually won't even let move the mouse until about a half second after I let go of the key). I can still use the mouse buttons while holdjng down a key, though, and the Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys don't cause this. I've tried updating drivers, and seeing if there are any mouse setting I can change to stop this, But I'm not having any luck.

If anyone could solve this flabbergasting mystery for me, I'd like that.

P.S. I'd really, really, really prefer not to get an external mouse. I'm much better at handling touchpads, and I almost never have a hard surface to use one on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users