Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window 7 Ultimate User Profile

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 awebster

awebster

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

I have a Dell XPS M1730 with Windows 7 Ultimate and it was doing an iTunes update and the lid got closed during the update process. Now when I start the computer up it says "the user profile service service failed the login, user profile cannot be loaded". The computer starts up in safe mode and won't let me do a system restore because it says it is shut off. When I look at User Profiles in Windows 7, it states that the users profile is as backup and the default profile is the local profile. How can I fix my computer to get my user profile back up and working?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LouisR47

LouisR47

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

When you login to safe mode create another administrator account and then fix your profile.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

I'm pretty sure Method 3 Will fix it for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users