We will need to create a bootable CD that may allow us to scan the computer from an external source. There are various alternatives.
You will need a blank CD, your Windows XP install disc and a flash drive.
Please follow the steps below and let me know if you were successful. Please tell me what error messages you got and/or what steps you got hung up on.1. Download the PE Builder to your desktophttp://www.nu2.nu/download.php?sFile=pebuilder3110a.exe
2. Insert your XP CD with SP1/SP2/SP3 into a CD Rom drive
- Double-Click on the PE Builder that you just downloaded to your desktop.
- Follow all of the instructions/prompts that come up.
- Double-Click on PE Builder.exe located on your desktop.
- Click NO to Search for Windows Installation Files
- Make the following selections from the Main Screen that pops up:
- Source: (path to Windows installation files)
- Enter the path to the drive where your XP CD is located.
- You can click on the "..." button on the right to navigate to the path as well.
[*]Custom: (include files and folders from this directory)
- No information is necessary, leave blank.
3. Click on the "Build" button
- Media output
- Do not choose Burn to CD/DVD
- Download the RunScanner plugin and save it to your desktop
Please note: You will be prompted for the folder that it shall be saved. By default it appears as runscanner10025. It should be modified to just runscanner <--- Important!!!
- Press the Plugin button on the PE Builder interface
- Press the Add button and navigate to the location of the RunScanner plugin to install
- Please note: If you are using a Windows XP disc with sp2 then highlight RpcSS needs to launch DComLaunch and then press Enable
- When your done press Close and the PE Builder interface will re-appear
4. Burn your ISO file to CD
- You will see the Windows EULA message. Click on I Agree
- You will now see the Build Screen. Let it run it's course
- When the Build is finished you can click close, then exit
Boot the computer with the CD you just created and let me know if successful for further instructions.
No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.
If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!