Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Replacement for Broken Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WillBa95

WillBa95

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

HI

My Toshiba C650d fell of my bed the other day :angry: and my hard drive is damaged. When I boot the laptop up I get no bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key. I have done some research and found out basically my Hard Drive is F*^K%D. I did'nt have many important files on there so I dont care about losing them but I dont wont to get it repaired as it will cost about the same as getting a half decent Notebook.

Is it possible to buy a New Hard drive that fits my Laptop. Would this make my Laptop boot up and start or do I need to fork out and get another?

If so how do I get a Hard Drive that I know will (fit in my laptop) with my Laptop.

Really need some help here!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:21 AM

Here is one Seagate Momentus 7200.4 ST9320423AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive - 49.99

You will need windows re-installation CD in order to get Windows back on it.

#3 WillBa95

WillBa95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:23 AM

my computer did not come with one or i lost it is it possible to get one from toshiba?

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

You will have to call them or buy Windows 7 for it.

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

Have you checked Toshiba to see if you are still under warranty?
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/globalEntitlement.jsp?nav=Warranty

The Toshiba recovery discs are reasonably priced and I suggest using them as they will put the laptop back to like new with all the proper Toshiba software including the drivers that need to be loaded in the proper order.

Alternatively you have a windows product key on the bottom and you just need a matching OEM disc to install from and then access to a working computer to download all the drivers and software from the Toshiba website.

By Matching I mean windows version, IE Windows 7, Windows Vista and then Home Premium or Professional etc. OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer and a OEM disc is different than a Retail disc. Make sure the product key is legible.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

my computer did not come with one or i lost it is it possible to get one from toshiba?

With most of the new brand name computers including Toshiba they have a software utility that you could have run to create a recovery disc set... Typical 3 DVD blanks. Use good brands, You want them to last. I suggest Verbatim (Not the Verbatim Life series junk either)

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users