Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying BSOD's and other niggles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 degsy1067

degsy1067

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

Hello all - i can't remember when these issues first started but having scanned with avast,eset online,superantispyware and malwarebytes,i don't believe it's malware related.

I am running vista home premium on a dell dimension 9100 with 4 x 512mb ram.

The issues started before i installed a labtec webcam along with compatible vista drivers. I have since installed a creative live cam which is running well.

I have bluescreenview logs that i can provide if needed and will provide any other logs that are required of me.

I also have an issue with opening new tabs in IE8 where i get the DEP dialogue box popping up not allowing me to view anything until i close the notification and try again,resulting in things working normally.

As well as this i frequently get 'Add-on for this website has failed to run. Please check security settings for potential conflicts'. All such settings are set at thier default levels.

If anything else is needed of me,i will of course assist in any way i can.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

Post the BlueScreenView logs that you have, please.

I would also disable/remove all add-ons that are nonessential.

Louis

#3 degsy1067

degsy1067
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

Here are the logs as requested. I will run IE8 with no essential add-ons and see how that progresses. Is it advisable to reset IE8 to defaults if the problems persist ?

Attached Files

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:45 AM

I would uninstall the webcam...and see how the system runs.

At the minimum...I would uninstall the webcam drivers and then reinstall same.

Louis

#5 degsy1067

degsy1067
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

Hello again,at the time of writing this i have had no furher BSOD'S and just a couple of DEP pop-ups. The drivers for the previous webcam have been uninstalled using revo's advanced mode and the new creative webcam is working just fine. I am still having 'add-on failed to run' information bar appearing so not entirely sure what's happening there. I will check out the event viewer to see if that helps me in any way and try re-enabling add-ons one by one using process of elimination. Thanks for you ideas so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users