Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Love Linux, Here because I have to have a Windows PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GaryCN

GaryCN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

Hello all, Posting from my home built PC running Linux Mint. I also run Windows XP SP3 machine, Back to the intro. I'm 57 and have used computers since the beginning or at least it seems that way. I've changed just about everything inside them that you can. Built my Linux machine with a few salvaged parts it just runs nonstop but I need a Windows PC for work. Other Interests are my Yorkie "Tipper", Woodworking hobby, and whenever I can sail a week or two on a Tall Ship.

Edited by GaryCN, 06 October 2011 - 12:11 AM.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YOBETTA

YOBETTA

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

I'm also running WXP & have considered changing to Linux. Can you share the pros & cons of Linux v WXP?
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users