Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wake Password Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 S L Neuciler

S L Neuciler

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

I set up a password to be entered when I turn my computer on. I have tried to delete it but it will not go away. A tech at my job tried to fix it to where I didn't have put in a password at all but all it did was erase my password. The only thing he did was go to set up menu, change password, entered old password, and left blank the new password. The password settings said clear after we saved the changes. I logged off and logged back in now I can't get into the set-up menu to change it.What can I do to fix this and or does anyone know what the default password is for HP Pavilion dv6500(Pavilion Entertainment PC)? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, S L Neuciler

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

Hello and welcome. Please ask this again in the forum that correspondswith your Operating System. This area is for saying hello and thise who can answer are probably not looking here.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users