Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with solution to Print Master solution

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AraChiya

AraChiya

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

Greetings all. I got a new HP Pavilion with windows 7 upgraded to professional. Three of the programs I use had to be replaced since they would not work on Windows 7. My windows 7 seems to be missing a number of files such as xp mode and the solution to a problem with loading Print Master 2012 platinum requires some folders that also appear to be missing... to fix the java.lang.reflect.InovationTargetExemption error, the trouble shooters recommended going into the users folder, click on the administrators folder, into the appdata file and then the local settings folder. I go into the administrator folder and I can't find the appsdata folder at all. CCleaner states that a number of links and some files appear to be missing. I sent word to the software trouble shooters but I need this problem solved immediately to get out a newsletter that is already late.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

appsdata is a hidden system folder. Instructions on how to enable seeing hidden files is HERE
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 AraChiya

AraChiya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

That was suggested to me yesterday and I did so, no hidden folders showed up in the USERS or the named Administrator USER files. I did a search putting in the address location, but the computer can not locate these folders.

#4 AraChiya

AraChiya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:52 AM

I went back and reapplied the hidden files option and this time it worked. Now I can see the application data file. It will not allow me access to that file how do i gain access to that folder?) so i look in the appsdata file. I go in, I see the LOCAL file. I go in and again, I can not find the file they say I have to copy and paste to get the software to work. I am copying the instructions to show you. Should i be able to find this folder, STORYROCK, it says I need to copy it to a broken user folder... do I create that or is it created by the computer? How do I go about creating it? I so long for the day when the computer and software were simple to operate...

Problem

Error: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Solution

If you encountering the following error please follow the instructions below.

Error 3

Switch user accounts to the admin user
Click Start
Click log off
Choose the Administrator account
Navigate to the directory
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\*AdminUserName*\Local Settings\Application Data
Click Start
Left Click My Computer
Double Click on the (C:) Drive
Double click on the folder Documents and Settings
Double click on the Administrator’s user name folder
Double Click Local Settings
Double Click Application Data
Vista / 7 – C:\Users\*AdminUserName*\AppData\Local
Click Start
Left Click My Computer
Double click on the folder User's
Double click on the Administrator’s user name folder
Copy the StoryRock Folder
Right Click on the folder
Left Click copy
Navigate to the directory
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\*BrokenUserName*\Local Settings\Application Data
Click Start
Left Click My Computer
Double click on the folder Documents and Settings
Double click on the Broken user’s user name folder
Vista / 7 – C:\Users\*BrokenUserName*\AppData\Local
Click Start
Left Click My Computer
Double click on the folder Users
Double click on the Broken user’s user name folder
Double Click AppData
Paste the StoryRock Folder here
Right Click on an empty area in the folder
Left Click Paste
If you are prompted that the folder already exists click Yes to All to replace the existing folders and files
Close all open Windows and switch back to the User account which was not working.
Click Start
Click Log Off
Start The PrintMaster program.

At this point the program should open and function properly for both the Admin user and the 2nd user on this computer.

Edited by AraChiya, 06 October 2011 - 06:58 AM.

#5 AraChiya

AraChiya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:20 AM

Can the makers of Print Master solve this problem simply by sending a new CD that actually works on windows 7?

#6 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:03 AM

The problem is that either that folder was not installed or it was corrupted on that particular user account so I doubt getting a new CD will help. In the instructions that you show the *BROKENUSERACCOUNT* is the account that the program is not working on. They are asking you to log into the computer using a different administator account. If there is only one account on the computer you will have to enable the default administator account since in windows7 it is disabled by default. Instructions for that are found HERE
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users