Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MOBO beeps when doing something graphics intensive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stevedawg85

stevedawg85

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Mobo making error noise while using my HTPC every so often. So far, I noticed it when:
  • Playing Deus Ex (low settings 1024 tops)
  • Watching TV through WMC (HD Homerun Prime)

Here's a vid I uploaded to YT when watching TV through WMC:

I doubt it's an overheating issue, in this particular case, the PC was on for 20 minutes and is well ventilated, I leave it in the open.

Deus Ex was the only game I tried, and so far, only watched tv 1 time, all other times when using pc for normal functions (surfing, videos, music) no problems. The next day when I booted up the PC to watch TV, no beeping noise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OvenMaster

OvenMaster

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

I've had motherboards that beep when using up/down/left/right arrow keys on web pages, when using OpenOffice or MS Works, and sometimes just typing text. I never could track the "problem" down, because everything kept running just fine.

Does your beeping only happen when the graphics card is under heavy load, or is it at other times as well?

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

Just because the case is well ventilated does not mean its not a heating issue, have you checked your temps to make sure its not overheating? For example, if the video card draws more power then the PSU can handle, the PSU will put out 3 times more heat then normal trying to keep up-and heat up the rest of the system. and what do you mean by left in the open-as in its not in a confined space, or is the panel open? often times, leaving the side panel open can cause more problems then it helps.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Leaving the side panel open, wrecks the airflow in the case.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users