Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OS X Lion, Entourage 2004, and iCal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 whoabuddy

whoabuddy

Bleepin' Verbose

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

Hello,

I ran into the following issue and I'm stumped, any help would be appreciated!

The machine is a Macbook Pro, and whenever I create or edit an entry in iCal, I get an error message saying "PowerPC applications are no longer supported".

I tried to access Entourage to disable the synchronization, it is no longer needed or used on this system, but I was unable to open the application to access the settings and receive the same PowerPC message. I then made a full backup from iCal and deleted the Entourage calendar, but the message is still appearing when I create or edit an entry.

I have found some suggestions on Google that refer to resetting the synchronization services, but I can not find a way to remove the synchronization of iCal with Entourage. Any suggestions?

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Respectfully,
whoabuddy
Meditate. Elevate. Appreciate. | "Life is a journey, love is the destination, happiness is the path!"
If I am helping you and have not responded within 48 hours, please send me a PM.
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici (VVVVV)
Excellent Security Advice
Proud member of UNITE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

Hello,

What version of os x do you have? I'm assuming lion? Also what version of entourage do you have?

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 whoabuddy

whoabuddy

Bleepin' Verbose

• Topic Starter

• 2,037 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

Yes it is OS X Lion and Entourage 2004.
Meditate. Elevate. Appreciate. | "Life is a journey, love is the destination, happiness is the path!"
If I am helping you and have not responded within 48 hours, please send me a PM.
Proud member of UNITE

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,468 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:45 AM

Ahh that explains it. Some parts of microsoft office 2004 have intel code as well as PowerPC code and some parts such as what you are trying to do were only coded in PowerPC code. With the introduction of lion comes the end of roseta which is what ran PowerPC code on intel power machines. This of course means that the only possible solution to this is to upgrade your copy of Microsoft office to a newer version.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#5 whoabuddy

whoabuddy

Bleepin' Verbose

• Topic Starter

• 2,037 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

That's what I was afraid of, and although Office 2011 is installed it doesn't have an Entourage component to allow me to edit the settings. I did find some good information on Syncrospector for fixing these kind of issues, however it is only available in the Apple Developer Kit from what I can tell. Would this be something Mac tech support could handle? At this point I would be happy to pass it on.
Proud member of UNITE

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,468 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

Im not sure how to help you any further. I wish I could.. The only thing I would do is call apple and see if their support could help you. And if they cannot maybe they could put you in touch with microsoft's mac office team.

sigcomp.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users