Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

this domain is blocked

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jular23

jular23

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

I have recently been running into "There is a problem with this website's security certificate" when attempting to open websites that I have been opening in the past. Once I click on continue on to this website, I then get screen saying "this domain is blocked". I am using an HP notebook dv7 with windows 7, 64 bit operating system, service pack 1. I have tried reinstalling windows 7 with no help. Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:51 AM

There is a problem with this website's security certificate

Do you think (know) if this a Microsoft warning or might be related to your Antivirus / security programs ? ?
Please list your active security (antivirus / firewall / antimalware) programs -

Can you list any sites that this may apply to, and what browser you are using at the time ? ?

Is this random or seems to be in specific patches (days / type of site / browser) and any more clues we can have -

Thank You -

#3 jular23

jular23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

Not sure, using ESET NOD32 antivirus, version 5.0.94.0. When going to Bank America, Chase, Discover, I get domain is blocked. Had not problems until about 3 weeks ago. Now, can't get to sites. IE 8 I blieve but not sure where to get about information to describe version, etc.. following is how it looks on page that pops up when I hit this page that comes up when opening my shortcut. There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

safe mode with networking still does not allow these websites-same results.

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

I click on continue to this website (not recommended). That is when I get the message domain is blocked, it also give following messages: Site blocked. wwwna.tdameritrade.com is not allowed on this network. This site was categorized in: Financial institutions-see below. There is a open DNS guide in top right corner of page.

This domain is blocked.
Site blocked. wwwna.tdameritrade.com is not allowed on this network.

This site was categorized in: Financial institutions

Contact your network administrator I have tried two different routers. Could it be a router issue?

Edited by jular23, 05 October 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hi again -

I just hit these links below (from Australia) and I had no problems with the basic page opening.
I believe you can add exceptions to ESET NOD32 antivirus that may help you access them if this is blocking them.

http://www.keywordspy.com/organic/domain.aspx?q=wwwna.tdameritrade.com

http://www.tdameritrade.com/oa.html
Open an Account - TD Ameritradewww.tdameritrade.com/oa.htmlCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Offer valid for one new individual or Joint TD Ameritrade account opened and funded within 30 days of account opening with $2000 or more.

NOTE
; These bolded words are only copied from under the link that I accessed - I have only gone to UserID / Account Number - Password so far -

I only took the key words you left (wwwna.tdameritrade.com) and entered them in Google. There were many links I could access easily.
If you cannot access either of these links, the next step is to first contact your ISP, or ESET forum, and find if they are blocked by them -

Regards -

#5 jular23

jular23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

thanks noknojon, will try to forum ESET first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users